Can you believe there are so many tools for making evenly-spaced designs in Silhouette Studio? That’s a good thing, because they are all useful in different situations. We’ve already covered using Snap to Grid, Snap to Guides, Fill Page and making duplicates in rows and columns. In this method, I’ll show you some quick keyboard shortcuts for spacing the designs on the page.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. That means if you click the link and purchase something, I receive a small commission. You pay the same price. This helps me to be able to keep my business going and provide more tutorials.
Spacing copies with keyboard shortcuts
This isn’t precisely a separate method, but keyboard shortcuts you can use for spacing the designs with the Replicate options. First, select your image, then use one of these–
- Fill the page— CTRL/CMD+SHIFT+f
- A single duplicate next to your image — CTRL/CMD+an arrow key. This is one of my FAVORITE keyboard shortcuts.
- Row of 3 — CTRL/CMD+SHIFT+right arrow key
- Row of 4 — CTRL/CMD+ALT+right arrow key
- Column of 3 — CTRL/CMD+SHIFT+down arrow key
- Column of 4 — CTRL/CMD+ALT+down arrow key
That’s it. Easy peasy. Once you get used to the keyboard shortcuts, they are very quick. The pros and cons are the same as for the methods using the Replicate panel.
Personally, I prefer keyboard shortcuts or panels. But you can also create duplicates in the Object drop down menu if that’s the way you like to work.
In our next lesson, I’ll show you how to make copies and move them by specific amounts or to specific locations.