Today I’ve got some announcements that are on opposite ends of the spectrum. There’s good news and bad news to share. Let’s start with the good.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. That means if you click the link and purchase something, I may receive a small commission. You pay the same price. This helps me to be able to keep my business going and provide more tutorials.
June sales at Silhouette America
This month’s sale at Silhouette America will run June 1-15. Be sure to use my code SMART at checkout to get the sale price and for FREE SHIPPING on orders over $50. You have to be signed into your account in order to see the area in the cart to add the code. Here’s what’s on sale:
- White Cameo 4 machine
- Tattoo Paper
- Glitter Sticker Sheets
- Sketch Pens – Basic
- Tool Kit
- Available in white, pink or black
- White Cameo 4 machine
- Mint machine
- Silhouette Curio
- Ultimate Sketch Pen Kit
- Embossing Paper 5x7in.
- Blue Dust Cover
- Embossing Foil
- Metal Etching Sheets
- Metal Stippling Sheets
- Stippling and Etching Tool
That’s an especially great price on the Curio. If you haven’t tried etching with the Curio, you’re missing out. You can see one of my etching projects here. Silhouette sells Oracal 651, so that’s a good thing to check out. And you can’t beat free shipping on orders over $50.
And now for the bad news….
Bluprint is no longer
If you’ve read my blog for any length of time, you’ll know that I LOVE the tools in the Modify panel. They give you an incredible number of options for designing on your own. You’ll also have heard me mention my class on Bluprint (formerly Craftsy) on the Modify panel. That’s because it’s a very comprehensive 2 1/2 hour, professionally produced class.
Unfortunately, Bluprint is going out of business.
UPDATE July 2, 2020: A new company is going to take over the content so you’ll still be able to view or purchase the classes. See this post for more details.
What does that mean for you?
That means you will no longer be able to purchase the class or begin a membership. If you have already done one of those things, here’s what we know and don’t know at this point:
- The end date for purchasing the class and starting a membership has passed.
- Those who purchased the class outright will still be able to watch it. They have informed us instructors that they will have a way to make sure you have that option permanently. How? That we don’t know.
- I have still been able to watch all the classes, but I’m not sure if that’s because I’m an instructor. We get to view any class for free, as if we had paid for an “all you can watch for a single fee” membership. So, I don’t know for sure the end date for being able to watch the class with the monthly membership.
- If you signed up for a monthly membership on Bluprint, we do not yet know if they will be reimbursing you a prorated amount for the membership costs.
- We instructors also do not yet know if we will have permission to reproduce, distribute or broadcast the classes ourselves. If we do, I may try to just upload the lessons in the membership area here on my site. If not, rest assured I will re-record the class myself and have that here on the site for purchase. It won’t be as professional, but the content will be the same. It would also be more up-to-date as we were still in version 3 of the class when I filmed it.
Have a great weekend!