Silhouette America has just released the new Cameo 4 PRO model. And there’s a BIG surprise! The original intent was for this to be a 20″ wide cutting machine. I can now let you in on the secret that it’s actually a 24″ one! That’s pretty exciting, because many materials you are likely to cut with a larger model come in 24″ widths. Keep reading to find out all about the Cameo Pro.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. That means if you click the link and purchase something, I may receive a small commission. You pay the same price. This helps me to be able to keep my business going and provide more tutorials.
Before I go any farther, let me give you a link to where to purchase this new model. You can find it here. The price is $499.99. They are going in and out of stock quickly on Silhouette America’s site, so just keep checking back if it’s out. Or, consider waiting for their Black Friday deals, which are always the best sales of the year. I’ll be sure to have a post on the Black Friday sales when I am able to share that.
Features of the Cameo 4 Pro
- It does not have the roll feeder attached permanently to the machine, but it does come with one you attach as needed. Also included is a block you can attach for a mat support, which is helpful with the weight of the larger mat.
- The adapters for the older ratchet and premium style blades are NOT included. My guess is that that’s primarily because what most people will be cutting in the larger widths is adhesive vinyl and heat transfer vinyl. Those are both materials which don’t require a deep cut or something like a rotary cut. (But keep reading).
- The roller bar locks are slightly different.
Here are the other new features to know about–
- 24″ wide cutting width. This is by far the best feature. Most people who are cutting materials this large are using adhesive vinyl or heat transfer vinyl. Both of those materials are sold in 24″ widths (as well as shorter widths). That means 2 things —
- you can cut wider designs without having to piece them.
- you save money because the price per foot is typically lower.
- Both the roll feeder and the roller bar are adjustable for widths under 24″. That means if you have a roll of 15″ wide vinyl or a 12″ wide cutting mat, you can still use it on the Cameo Pro. The presets are for Letter Size, 12″, 13″, 15″, 20″ and 24″. That covers most standard materials sold by the roll.
What’s in the Cameo 4 Pro box
- The machine
- Power and USB cords
- Cameo 4 AutoBlade
- Sketch pen adapter
- 24″ x 24″ cutting mat
- Roll feeder/mat support
Extras you might want with the Pro
As I stated earlier, the additional adapters that are included with the Cameo 4 and Cameo 4 Plus are NOT included with the Cameo 4 Pro. Here are some reasons you might want those adapters or some of the other tools–
- For cutting fabric, you’d probably want the rotary blade.
- If you cut larger crepe paper, the rotary blade is also a must.
- Cut lots of vinyl or HTV? The punch tool might be a time-saver. It adds a small hole beside the design to make it easier to start your weeding.
- Like the ratchet, deep cut or premium blades? You’ll want the adapter set.
- I always recommend having an extra blade and mat on hand. It’s very unlikely you’ll find the 24″ x 24″ mat in stores, so make sure to order one online.
- You may want the Light Tack or Strong Tack cutting mat, depending on what material you’re using.
Silhouette Design Store sales
Normally, we have a free design each week in the Silhouette Design Store. To celebrate the release of the Cameo 4 Pro, there’s a new one each day for 9 days — November 2-10. Be sure to check each day for the new one. Here’s the one for Tuesday, 11/3–
The weekly free design from last week is still here for now. Grab it fast, because it might not be free for long. It’s a 3d Ghost Box card.
Check this page to find other free designs as well (previous days and other freebies).
Fonts, phrases and monograms
This week, all fonts, phrases and monograms are 50% off in the Silhouette Design Store. This is a great sale! Check it out here.
Credit Boosts are a great way to get more bang for your buck in the Silhouette Design Store. You pay a certain amount up front, then get credits equaling more than you paid. The more you pay up front, the better the discount.
- 5% on Bronze
- 10% on Silver
- 15% on Gold
- 20% on Platinum
As always, there are 2 design bundles for the month of November in the Silhouette Design Store.
November Mega Bundle
$49.99 for 237 files, fonts, and patterns ($345.09 value).
Many Fall, Thanksgiving and Christmas designs in this one.
November Big Bundle
$25.00 for 121 files, fonts and patterns ($158.40 value).
This one has some, but not all, of the designs from the Mega Bundle.
Just in case you didn’t know — the bundles come out each month on the first day of the month. You save an additional 25% on that first day.
Clearance sales on Silhouette America
I haven’t written about this one in awhile, so it’s time to give you an update on the clearance rack. Each of the items are half their original price.
- Various colors of 9″ wide smooth and flocked heat transfer material (HTV). If you don’t know what that’s for, check out this post. $3.50 for a 36″ roll.
- Various colors of 9″ wide matte and glossy adhesive vinyl — $5.oo for a 10′ roll.
- Various colors of fabric ink — $3.50 for 2 fluid ounces.
- Gray and white duct tape sheets — $3.50 for 5 sheets of 8 1/2″ x 11″.
- Corrugated paper — $3.50 for 6 sheets of 8 1/2″ x 11″, 3 white and 3 kraft color.
- Black and white faux leather paper — 5.00 for 12″ x 59″ roll.
- Washi paper sheets — $3.50 for 12″ x 12″ sheets, 3 each of 3 different designs.